What is a Blog?
Are you a teacher for NEISD interested in having your own NEISD Edublogs account? If yes, please submit a help desk ticket with “Software-Miscellaneous” for the main category, and “Edublogs” for the sub-category. You will receive a confirmation email when we receive your request and another after your account has been created.
- Examples of blogs: Go to the post section (click on home) of this training page to view examples of blogs from different educators within NEISD.
- What do you notice about the physical appearance of the blogs?
- How did the teachers integrate the curriculum throughout their blog?
- The URL to your blog is as follows: blogs.neisd.net/username
- Your username is the same as Active Directory
- Your password is ne—— (6 digit emp number)
- Welcome to Your Dashboard
- Changing Your Personal Settings
- You can change your password by going to your dashboard and choosing Users/Your Profile. Scroll to the bottom of the page to reset your password.
- By default, visitors must login to view your blog. Go to Settings>Reading. Next to Site Visibility, click in the radio button next to one of the top 2 choices.
- By default, visitors must enter an email address if they would like to comment. Go to Settings>Discussion. Next to Other Comment Settings, uncheck the first box that says comment author must fill out name and e-mail.
- You can change the Site Title of your blog by going to Settings/General
- You can choose your fonts by going to Settings>Writing and checking the boxes of all fonts you would like to use.
- Changing Your Theme